Corporate Away Days
Unique corporate away days in Cornwall
Looking for fun and exciting corporate away days in Cornwall? Look no further than our exhilarating, adventure-filled team building activities!
Whether you want to re-integrate your team following furlough, reward staff for working through the pandemic or build a new team all together, there’s nothing like a bit of adrenaline to make it happen! Not looking for an extreme company activity? We also offer lighter activities too, for those who prefer their feet firmly planted on the ground.
Tailored and impactful staff days out!
Our teambuilding adventures are designed to get teams sharing amazing experiences, bonding and breaking down barriers, with fun at the centre. Get ready to switch off from everyday chaos, have a laugh and improve your team’s performance!
Flexible group adventures
We offer flexible packages so you can choose from a half day or full day of activities, with or without lunch included. There’s also the option to enjoy a morning or afternoon of adventures and spend the rest of the day using our indoor space for team meetings, or to simply unwind and reflect on all the excitement.
Choose from the following activities – you can mix and match too!
Via Ferrata – the vertigo challenge
Explore something totally new and unique together – the only full Via Ferrata experience in the south of England!
Originating in the First World War to enable troops to cross mountains, a Via Ferrata is an adrenaline-filled climbing adventure with high ropes and ziplines!
Scale cliff faces 20 meters high as you climb Cornwall’s iron path and wobble across the quarry on our 70 meter long High Wire Bridge – a single strand of wire stretching over the water! After all the exertion, you’ll be rewarded with the chance to fly over the quarry on our zip wire, taking in the route you’ve just completed and enjoying spectacular views over the Lizard peninsula and Falmouth bay. Fully harnessed in at all times, this is the perfect opportunity to push limits and let go! Whether you’ve never climbed before or are a full-on thrill-seeker, this activity is fun for all!
Get ready to conquer your fears and feel an incredible sense of achievement!
Coasteering – in our quarry!
It’s time to create a splash and test your nerve with our coasteering activity! This is the perfect way to get that adrenaline pumping…
Scramble up the quarry walls and leap off from various platforms into our beautiful quarry water!
Our built-in platforms are 3, 4 and 5 meters high and there are also natural crevices within the rock lower down which make great launching places, so there’s something for everyone!
This is a fun and exhilarating way to improve confidence and boost morale. We’ve seen team members encourage one another to go for the next level and everyone leaving with a huge sense of achievement.
This incredibly popular activity is the perfect way to enjoy some excitement post-lockdown.
Wild watersports – kayak & canoe!
Escape to our stunning water-filled quarries to develop your paddling skills and get close to nature!
Our corporate watersports sessions include a mix of kayaking and canoeing. We’ll teach you paddling techniques so you can practice working together to steer, paddle in unison and learn to take control of your boat!
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop communication, break down barriers and problem solve in a relaxed and beautiful environment.
Race your team mates, overcome obstacles and make a day to remember!
You’re guaranteed to have fun and laughter as you explore together.
climbing and abseiling
Our corporate rock-climbing and abseiling will allow you to strengthen teamwork and get lost in a real challenge.
We have different routes for different levels, so everyone can enjoy a challenge, whatever their ability. Teams take turns to belay and support each other to reach the top, thus developing communication skills and trust as people feel the exhilaration of letting go!
You can rely on the footholds built into the rock, or use the natural rock crevices if you already have some climbing experience!
If there’s a down pour, we also have indoor climbing.
This activity is highly rewarding and your team will leave having learnt climbing techniques and built amazing memories.
Archery games – competition time!
Build your team’s communication and focus with our archery games!
You’ll learn archery techniques then work together in sub-teams to compete against each other with our target games. Get ready to ‘bake cakes’, ‘make pizza’ and more!
This is the perfect chance to enjoy some healthy competition, cheer on your team and strategise about how to beat your opponents! You’ll find your natural leaders and watch your team come together as they rise to the challenge. We mix the group up to ensure that no team happens to have all the pros. This means that teamwork really is central to success – giving lots of learning to take away! Want certain people working in the same team? Just let us know in advance!
This activity is also wheelchair accessible.
Why choose our corporate away days?
1. Our team away days are tailored to your organisational needs. Got mixed ages, fitness levels and abilities? No problem! Want to develop trust or communication? Great. Simply want to have fun and celebrate? We know how to have a good time!
2. Boost mental wellbeing! The outdoors and exercise have been proven to be pivotal for mental health – and we certainly see the effects. Not only is our beautiful site perfect for getting close to nature, our activities build confidence and make amazing memories!
3. We’re award winning! Our Via Ferrata was named Experience of the Year in the itravel’s Staycation Awards and we were awarded Bronze in the Cornwall Tourism Awards. We value innovation, creativity and fun and are dedicated to giving our participants the absolute best. Our corporate teambuilding events are no different!
4. We have expert instructors who consistently receive outstanding feedback for their teaching and guidance.
5. Tick your corporate CSR box: 100% of profits go to Via Ferrata Cornwall’s launching charity BF Adventure, which supports vulnerable children facing life’s toughest challenges.
6. Receive social media promotion! We appreciate you supporting BF Adventure’s charity work, so we’ll thank you on social media.
7. There’s the option to include lunch, with coffee and cake deals at our Café. Run in partnership with The Cornish Barista, our Café is big on using locally sourced ingredients and has vegan options. It’s also got a 5* hygiene rating and has outdoor seating overlooking beautiful views.
8. With our Via Ferrata, we’re able to offer the most unique team building activities in Cornwall…
“We were brilliantly looked after by our two instructors, Will and Harry, immediately named the two princes! The course is a clever balance between stimulus and fun. A great outing whether you are a mountain goat or a flat-lander. The views are amazing with cake and coffee to match.” – Simon Tregoning, Classic Cottages
“We visited Via Ferrata twice in a fortnight because our team so enjoyed the experience. The location is amazing and we were so well looked after by the friendly instructors. Just the right level of thrill and adrenalin rushes to make it suitable for all. I heartedly recommend Via Ferrata for team building days. We will be back!” – Pete Fraser, Harbour Lights and Frasers Fish and Chips
See more of our reviews.
Who can take part?
We cater for all abilities, so anyone can take part no matter what their level of experience is! An average fitness level is needed for the Via Ferrata, climbing, watersports and coasteering, and the first three of those activities require a weight limit of 110kg.
We also offer all these activities as part of our adventure sessions for families and groups of friends! As well as this, we run an adventure Holiday Club for children aged 6-13 during the school holidays, so if your kids love the outdoors, this would be the perfect childcare for them!