The safety of our visitors and staff is our first priority. So, to ensure we minimise all risks and particuarly those associated with Covid-19 we have adopted the following approaches:
We have submitted risk assessments and received approval from the AA to operate as a Covid-secure establishment.
- We are operating with small group sizes (max 6 people plus Instructor). You can also make sole use family bubble bookings.
- The site is designed to facilitate social distancing and we clean regularly. Multiple handwash stations are also available.
- We check all staff daily to ensure they are virus free and will self-isolate if we have any symptoms or following confirmed exposure to the virus.
- We require all non-family participants to maintain a minimum 2 metre separation.
- It is mandatory for all participants to wear gloves throughout the activity. These will also reduce the potential of scratches and small cuts to your hands. You may bring your own (gardening gloves, work gloves, woolly gloves or cycling gloves are suitable, whereas mittens, thick winter gloves and latex/garden gloves are not) or you may hire/purchase some from us upon arrival. You can wear your own face mask, although this is not mandatory.
- We manage all safety equipment to ensure it is clean and free from contamination.
- To minimise congestion and risk upon arrival, we encourage you to pre-book, pay online and complete medical forms/waivers in advance.
- Our café offers a take out service with a wide viewing area and socially distant outside seating (some under cover). When restrictions allow, we will manage indoor seating to reduce risks.
- Where close contact is necessary – i.e. Instructors checking safety equipment and in a rescue/emergency situation, all staff will wear face masks and avoid direct face to face contact wherever possible.
Opening is governed by government C19 guidelines.
We are fortunate in that Via Ferrata is an activity that facilitates social distancing. All non-family participants can easily maintain a minimum 2m spacing and all participants are required to wear gloves. In addition, no close face to face contact with staff is required. Finally, all medical research shows that the open outdoor environment is of low risk for the spread of the virus.
BF Adventure and the Goodygrane Activity Centre have been open and operating throughout C19 to offer support to vulnerable young people. Therefore, the team is experienced at operating ‘covidsafe’ and we have adapted the facilities and operating procedures to welcome more people back onsite for as long as it is safe to do so.