The safety of our visitors and staff is our first priority. So, to ensure we minimise all risks and particuarly those associated with Covid-19 we have adopted the following approaches:
We have submitted risk assessments and received approval from the AA and ‘We’re good to Go’ to operate as a Covid-secure establishment.
- We are operating all activities with group sizes managed to ensure we can maintain appropriate social distancing and be within Covid-safe guidelines.
- The site is designed to facilitate social distancing and we clean regularly. Multiple handwash stations are also available.
- Staff complete twice weekly Lateral Flow Tests and are checked daily for any symptoms. We will self-isolate if we have any symptoms or following confirmed exposure to the virus.
- We encourage all separate bubbles to keep a minimum 2m distance apart whilst engaging in activities.
- To minimise congestion and risk upon arrival, we encourage you to pre-book, pay online and complete medical forms/waivers in advance.
- Our café offers a take out service with a wide viewing area and socially distant outside seating (some under cover). When restrictions allow, we will manage indoor seating to reduce risks.
- Where close contact is necessary – i.e. Instructors checking safety equipment and in a rescue/emergency situation, all staff will wear face masks and avoid direct face to face contact wherever possible.
Opening is governed by government C19 guidelines.
We are fortunate in that our activities facilitate social distancing and require minimal close face to face contact with staff. In addition, medical research shows that the open outdoor environment is of low risk for the spread of the virus.
BF Adventure and the Goodygrane Activity Centre have been open and operating throughout C19 to offer support to vulnerable young people. Therefore, the team is experienced at operating ‘covidsafe’ and we have adapted the facilities and operating procedures to welcome more people back onsite.